Great British Bake Off: Batter Week
Yorkshire puddings recipe
It’s the very first Batter Week in the history of The Great British Bake Off and this week’s signature challenge is filled Yorkshire puddings. Pastry Chef Martyn Edmonds is sharing his recipe for Yorkshire puddings.For fillings, we’d recommend roast beef and horseradish sauce, whipped Stichelton cheese and pickled celery or Martyn’s favourite, a Yorkshire waffle: a Yorkshire pudding filled with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and strawberries. Whatever filling you choose, don’t forget to share your photos with us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
480ml whole milk
300g plain flour
60ml vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 230C/fan 210C/gas mark 8.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk until frothy. Whisk in the flour a little at a time until the mix is fully combined and set aside.
3. Distribute the oil equally among 12 muffin cup (this should be a little over a teaspoon per cup – you may need to do this in several batches if you muffin tray is not large enough).
4. Place the tray in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the oil is smoking.
5. Carefully remove from the oven and quickly ladle about 60ml of batter into each cup.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
7. Serve immediately. Martyn turns his oven off and leaves the door partially open with the Yorkshires inside to keep them from deflating while waiting for everyone to ask for seconds!