British Food Fortnight
It’s British Food Fortnight from 22 September to 7 October and so we asked Executive Chef Rhys Jackson about some of the British produce on our menu:
Using local suppliers is really important to me, and R&J Butchers are one of the best. Not only is their meat from a select number of farms, they truly care about animal welfare. At the restaurant we’ve built a relationship with them over the years that’s always getting better, leading to products made especially for us, so our guests can enjoy something amazing.
Read on to find out about our competition to win dinner for two at The Refectory.
Himalayan salt-aged rib-eye
This is one of the best steaks I’ve ever eaten. R&J age the meat in a chamber made from Himalayan salt blocks. My favourite sauce to pair with it is our Yorkshire Blue cheese and tarragon cream.
R&J’s signature beef burgers are so delicious that I’ve left them on every menu since I arrived. We serve two 4oz patties with smoked cheese from Northumberland and our own sweet chilli relish.
This is a new cut that we’ve introduced, and it’s so good I’m keeping it on the menu. It’s really juicy and a great alternative to gammon – we serve it with a poached duck egg from Leven Farm, pineapple and chunky chips.
British Food Fortnight competition
Head to our Facebook page to tell us what your favourite British dish is by 7 October 2018 and be in with a chance to win dinner for two with a bottle of house wine.
Terms and conditions
1. The promoter is: The Principal York company number 11360937 whose registered office is at IHG, Broadwater Park, Denham, UB9 5HR
2. The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 16 years or over except employees of IHG and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via Facebook. You must like the Facebook post and comment with your favourite British dish
6. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
7. Closing date for entry will be Sunday 30th September After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
Go to our Facebook page and below the competition post tell us your favourite British dish and like the post.
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. The prize is as follows: A meal for two (three courses each) at The Refectory restaurant with a bottle of house wine.
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
13. Winners will be chosen at random on the 1 October.
14. The winner will be notified by DM. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
15. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
16. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
19. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
20. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to The Principal York/ Refectory and not to any other party.