Honey polenta cake recipe
Pastry Chef Martyn Edmonds uses local Yorkshire honey in his polenta cake, which makes the perfect afternoon treat. If you fancy turning it into a delicious dessert, follow Martyn’s recipe for a homemade crème fraîche sorbet. In the restaurant, we finish the dish with honeycomb and lemon cream.
Honey polenta cake with crème fraîche sorbet
Honey polenta cake
450g ground almonds
2 tbsp vanilla essence
1 orange, zest only
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 150C.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs and continue to mix.
4. Now add in all the other ingredients and mix well together.
5. Bake for 50 minutes.
2 oranges, zest only
1. Warm all of the ingredients in pan and pour over the polenta cake.
Crème fraîche sorbet
1kg crème fraiche
1. Mix all of the ingredients together until smooth.
2. Place into an ice cream machine and churn until thick.
3. Place into an airtight container and freeze for at least an hour. The ice cream will keep in the freezer for up to a month.